Saturday, October 15, 2016

Cornwall, Day 15 (Opinions May Differ)


The BBC is chattering away to itself downstairs but I am perched here at the window, gazing. It had rained today, just at the most inconvenient moment, but the sky has come back now and I must gaze. I hope the picture below shows at least a modicum of the beauty I am seeing:



It is a new window because today was changeover day, and I think I've come up in the world. The other cottage was fine, don't misunderstand me; but it was - not this cottage. This cottage is adorable, and sweet, and will soon be blessed by the arrival of the Brotherly Traveler. I have already forewarned him that his head may be too tall for the stairways, that he is liable to bean himself ascending and descending. Forewarned is forearmed, I always say.

Do you see what I mean?



BEANED.

Wait just a second, I was just downstairs for a brief moment when I heard someone on the BBC saying that it was 'ridiculous' that Bob Dylan was given the Nobel Prize for Literature. What!? The BBC man said, "Excuse me, sir, but Bob Dylan is NOT Literature." I beg your pardon???

Why do I say this? you might ask. Here are just a few reasons:
  • Blowin' In The Wind
  • The Times They are a'Changing
  • Like a Rolling Stone
  • I Believe in You
  • Slow Train Comin'
  • You Gotta Serve Somebody
  • When He Returns
And so many more. Bob Dylan may not be 'Literature' to the BBC man, but he certainly is to me. It's literature of a different kind.

I Believe in You

I believe in You when winter turns to summer,
I believe in You when white turns to black.
I believe in You even though I be outnumbered,
Oh, though the earth may shake me,
Oh, though my friends forsake me
Oh, even that couldn't make me go back...


I'm thinking just at this moment that, strange though it may seem to some, the Nobel committee got this one exactly right. 


See you along the way!
the SconeLady



<a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">(license)</a>
photo credit: oetting <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35954809@N05/6253796972">DSC00970</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment